Monday 27 December 2010

Last Worship Service at Home Church in Leeds UK.



It's just ten day to my trip to Australia. I took my last worship service yesterday at my home church. This is the last service till the first week in April 2011. It was a good service. I preached on Micah 6:1-8 What does the Lord require of you....."to act justly....love mercy... walk humbly with your God." I also spoke a bit about social reformers in the industrial revolution, Fry's of Bristol, Cadbury's of Birmingham, Rowentree's and Terry's of York and so on.....The point being that the christian community is to be a community of personal and social transformation. People were generally upbeat about me not being there, but I could see a sadness there as well.

With regard to my sabbatical, Im looking forward to a different pace of life, reading many books, also reflecting on mission and church planting on the margins. I have a busy three months ahead with the first leg being in Australia. Keep logging on to the blog and follow the journey as it goes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment