Monday 6 June 2011

"Yes It's True" Reflection from John 12:15-18

“YES IT’S TRUE, I LOVE HIM!”
Adapted from John 12:15-18
So chock-full of shifting shadows is the human heart,
So jam-packed the moments of indecision, and prevarication.
Never barren of excuses and deceptions.
The self willed heart, the human indifference, the godless enthusiasm which drives away responsibility at every turn and seeks to justify the most grievous of things.
But even as I live with this burden of heart and soul and life, if you challenge me to tell the truth about Jesus and I, my reply would always be this……
“YES IT’S TRUE, I LOVE HIM!”
For he comes to me, with his humble manners, his perfect caring, his gentle, all embracing mercy, his grace filled eyes, his sensitive hands, and Oh, his words, as he calls and comforts me. Yes me!
Me who has disappointed God, let him down. Me who so often, for one solitary moment cannot find a place in my life for him.
But even as I dwell on this love, this welcome, this coming of Jesus, if you challenge me to tell the truth about Jesus and I, my reply would always be this……
“YES IT’S TRUE, I LOVE HIM!”
“YES IT’S TRUE, I LOVE HIM!”
In the moments of MY failures, MY neglected dreams, MY hopeless labour he comes.
In the moments of MY hardness of heart, MY confusions, MY fighting with doubts he comes.
In the moments of MY weaknesses, MY hesitations, MY disappointments he comes. he comes.
He comes with comfort in his voice, with welcome in his heart, with acceptance in his hands, with invitation, in his eyes.
And as he comes if He were to challenge me to tell the truth about my life, I have to say…..
“YES IT’S TRUE, LORD, I LOVE YOU!”
“YES IT’S TRUE, LORD, I LOVE YOU!”
“YES IT’S TRUE, LORD, I LOVE YOU!”

No comments:

Post a Comment