Sunday 13 February 2011

Attending Moortown Baptist Church


As Im on sabbatical it gives me a chance to sample what is on offer in the churches that are around Leeds.This morning I'm sampling Moortown Baptist Church.This church is set in a prominent t position at the top of King Lane, Moortown, Leeds and is one of the local baptist churches that are in the area apart from Harehills Lane, Chapel Allerton Baptist and Meanwood Baptist. I hope that I get a good welcome as I attend there this morning. I have the advantage of knowing some of the people there this morning. I wonder where they position themselves on Jesus and I cannot help wondering what is their mission posture? We will see..........I'm like this in every church don't worry.

1 comment:

  1. Just back from Moortown Baptist. It was a trad kind of a service, The things that I took hold of was the stories, that were used, both talking head and DVD were excellent. The Sermon was on "The kingdom breaking through" From Matthews gospel. I come away with this.....The kingdom is both words and actions, but at the impulse of the spirit of God, not because it's up to us, but because it's God's kingdom.

    ReplyDelete