Friday 6 May 2011

Thinking about Radical Church Planting


Since I returned from my sabbatical given much thought to "Church Planting". I've been considering what it means to have a radical approach. I've been challenged by what I have seen on my travels. I visited faith communities in Australia, Ukraine and in the UK. I've also been challenged by Alan Hirsch's book "The Forgotten Ways" Because of my travel experiences and my renewed missional thinking I have had a series of questions going through my head in recent weeks. What is Radical church Planting? What constitutes a radical church plant in the UK? What does it mean to have a truly incarnational approach to mission and community? What Geographic area, Culture, Sub Culture, Neighbourhood to plant in? I have other questions that need answering as well. I'm speaking to one of the YBA's regional ministers next week to think about this in more detail. The things that I am clear about is that mission comes first and the formation of a community comes alongside. I'm looking forward to seeing how far we get on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment