Wednesday 21 November 2012

Time in Glenrowan........

I arrived at Wangaratta on Sunday night and this is the first time i have been able to get to a computer with internet access. I'm staying with a wonderful family in Glenrowan.

It's a hillbilly lifestyle and it's wonderful. Monday was taken up with me helping to repair a "Hotrod" and just get used to the heat, as it's been baking hot here since I arrived. The weather inland is much hotter then that of Melbourne as there is no sea wind.
On Monday morning I went into explore the rural city of Wangaratta and look round the town. Monday night was taken up with sharing around the dinner table with people popping in from the community that Renea and Di lead. People just popped in to say hello.
Tuesday we went to an american motor vehicle wreckers yard on the on the other side of Shepperton, which is about two hours from Glenrowan. Renea my host said "Shepperton is only up the road" The reason we were their was that Renea has a passion for American cars. (He owns a V8 1960 Pontiac Parissiene, which runs on LPG) Everything is so "BIG" in Australia inluding the cars.
Monday night was the community fellowship time over a meal. 25 people came together and I shared about the life story of John the Apostle and his vision of the "True Jesus" Yesterday Andy and Kate Harrison popped in on the way back to Melbourne (Andy and Kate came across from the UK on the same flight as me) It was good to have a meal and catch up with their adventures. They return to Melbourne today. Today I'll be exploring the small town of Glenrowan which is the town where Ned Kelly took his last stand.

Tommorrow I'll be returning to Melbourne for the last of the God's Squad 40th Anniversary Gatherings.
 Saturday will be a day of picking up some last minute presents for my family. Sunday I'm preaching at The Home Church of God's Squad in Australia "St Martins Collingwood which is at the corner of Otter street and Wellington. I fly home at midnight on Sunday.