Tuesday 8 March 2011

I just went for a walk



I woke up and decided I would go for a walk. Today in the Ukraine it is a public holiday in praise of all mothers. Pasha was treating Svetta to some R&R and we were to look after his two boys. I thought that I would get out of the house and give them a bit of space on this special day. I only went around the block and took some photographs. Life iis hard in the Ukraine, compared to Australia and the Uk where I have also spent some time on my sabbatical. Just spend a bit of time looking at the structure of housing and public services will tell you that for the people of Ukraine life is at times very difficult. With the some people earning 90 Euro a month you begin to see how difficult life really is for people. On the whole, when you scratch the surface you find people trying really hard with what they have got. When you reflect on what things we have in the UK and what we waste, you cannot help feeling that we have a real responsibility the more we have, the more we should be responsible for. The plan today is to take the boys out some where. Also we are going to get some fixings for a new Leather Waistcoat the Pasha's Mama has made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment