Tuesday 29 March 2011

Ceud mìle fàilte.....A thousand welcomes


On Friday I'll take the last of my trips. I'm heading "Homeward Bound" to Scotland, the land of the thousand welcomes, Haggis suppers, and deep fried MARS Bars. It's just going to be an overnight stop at Murray and Linda's in the Dumfries and Galloway area. This is where my own father was born. It will be great to catch up with them again, as I have not seen them since before Christmas. I'll ride up on Friday and ride back on Saturday afternoon. This concludes the three months of Sabbatical travels and I'm back to work on Sunday. I'm attending the morning service, which is the first morning service I'll have been at since the 28th December 2010. 

I'm looking forward to getting to Scotland. I have a ritual that I always perform on the M74. On the M74 at the England / Scotland border there is a "Welcome to Scotland" sign and as I go through the border I have got into the habit letting out a roar of "FREEDOM!" and raising my hands to heaven in tribute as I go through the border. Silly, I know but has been a ritual for many years. Normally I have done this in the car, not so easy on the bike, but still it must be done.

It will be good to conclude all my travels in the land of my birth. It feels strange to come to the end of all the travelling.....and I return to work with mixed feelings. somethings I'm going to have to work through, and I'll be blogging all the way, so continue on the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment