Thursday 10 March 2011

A bus ride from Zhitomir to Kiev.

Today I awoke to the busy sound of children coming down from the loft in Pasha's home. It was time for breakfast. After breakfast Pasha and myself, Dema and Vladik (Pasha's young children) went into the centre of Zhitomir to get a leathersmith to put some eyelets into the new leather "cut off" that Pasha's mama made for me. We were with Pasha's Mama and her husband a "Pastor" last night in the middle no where, and a shed for a toilet but that is another story. After a bit of hunting we managed to find a place that would do the work on the "Cut off". after that Pasha took us all the the Market Bazzar and bought a budgie for the children.

The final thing for Pasha to do was put me on a bus to Kiev. Now, the buses here are not like the UK, they are rickety and rackety, bits falling off, no pigs or chickens on my journey, but it is heard of in these parts. I found a seat and started a three hour bus journey. Bearing in mind I know no Russian or Ukrainian, so I could not ask what stop to get off. Pasha had a arranged that Vladimir would pick me up from the bus stop on the outskirts of Kiev. (Vladimir Aka Wosik has been a prospect for one month now with GSCMC Ukraine) Thanks  to God that is what happened, although I had to wait for a little while when the bus terminated at the last stop. I just prayed that I got this right as my phone was not fully charged and what would I do if Vladimir did not turn up. FAITH was needed.. Anyway Vladimir turned up and took me to his home to meet his wife Oxanna and his two children. The photograph is of Oxanna and Vladimir and his oldest child Matthew.

I'm currently sitting in Vladimir's work place called "Hi Tech House" Vladimir works at designing and installing hi tech remote controls for domestic houses. (The kind that close curtains and switch on lights etc...) Later I'm off to Bogdan and Anya's. Bogdan and Anya live at the other side of Kiev about 50KM away from Vladimir's workplace. If you remember Bogdan and Anya run the orphanage for teenage children who have been in care and now have no place to live as the state care in the Ukraine finishes at sixteen years old. Before I get to Bogdan and Anya's, Vladimir is going to take me on an excursion of the city and also a visit to the shops for presents for my own family as well.

Who knows what excitement tomorrow will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment