Tuesday 18 January 2011

Visit to Concern Australia





I was able to visit Concern Australia today. The day started at 9..00am with a trip to St Martins Lillydale and the home of Marshall and Tammy Smith. I picked up Marshall's Harley and set off down the Eastern Freeway, for a time with the staff and director at Concern Australia. in Wellington Road, Collingwood., Melbourne. I arrived at 10.00 am and joined in with Staff devotions, where I was able to tell my story and what has led me to come to Australia. The staff gave me a good welcome and set me up with the ability to scan to e-mail on their photocopier and a computer terminal, which will be of great use for copying archive material of the early days of the Jesus movement and of God's Squad. I've been given freedom to come into the office over the next 4 days to scan and copy as much archive material as I want. I then spent an hour and a half with Moses (See picture) who is the CEO of Concern Australia. I was able to talk to Moses about what has been the journey of CA (Including all the projects) so far and where he saw God;s Squad and the Communities of Faith (St Martin's Collingwood and Lillydale) I also asked him what was the heartbeat of CA, and where he saw CA in the future. I was also given some archive material on 3 Cd's A DVD of CA's Foundations and Purpose, A Cd of 140 Media Articles in PDF format and a complete CD of short radio broadcasts which John did on Light FM. I left CA 2.30pm  a happy man, armed with the sort of historic material that I was hoping for. I rode back up the M3 and got slightly detoured in Ringwood, before I picked up the road again to Edinburgh Road. Lillydale. and back to Marshall and Tammy's at St Martins Lillydale. What a day! Found out today that William Haigh MP was in Canberra for talks, I'm going there on Friday, whats the bet I'll have a more productive time then he has had.

I found this in the boardroom at CA it stands  roughly 7 foot tall and  3 foot wide and is in a very large frame. What a picture! this seemed to sum up some of the things I was looking at today, The Historical and The Contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment