Saturday 29 January 2011

Visit to the family farm near Avoca.

We left Hobart on Thursday morning bound for a small 1200 acre farm just of the main highway next to a village called Avoca (Pop 129) Dale and I were visiting the family farm with Moggy who is the President of GSCMC Australia - Hobart Chapter. The scenery on route was amazing and the weather was very very very hot. I got sunburned AGAIN! We had a great time at the farm, a spot of clay pigeon shooting, Open air fry up and a night under canvas. The farm would make a great retreat place and outdoor centre.


I would love to come back to Taz as it reminded me so much of Scotland. Even the place names are the same. I was watching out for snakes and poisonous spider but I have not seen any. Although we got out into the woods at 1.00 am with a spot light to see the animals in there own environment. We saw loads of possums up in the trees, a few Kangaroos, four deer, a few rabbits, and wombats. It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment