Sunday 9 January 2011

Arrival: Coming to a big place......really big!

I arrived in Melbourne after what I considered to be a long flight. I had a stop over in Malaysia then another 9 hour flight to Melbourne. Oz sure is a big place. "Doc" who is my host for few days came to pick me up from the airport. We had a trip of about another hour to his place. I got to bed at 1.00pm Australian time. 12.00 GMT. Woke up this morning at 10.30 and had a guided tour of Doc's place it is huge compared to living in the UK, but that is par for the course as everything in OZ is big. We have just been for lunch at "Gaint Steps" a home cooked pizza and some OZ pear cider, it was great. This afternoon its a lazy afternoon and then of to church for 5.00pm a great time for church if you ask me. The church is Lillydale which is outside Melbourne. I'm looking forward to going there and talking to the Pastor there, he is called Marshall. The rest of the week has be scheduled and I'm going to be visiting the various projects of Concern Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment