Thursday 13 January 2011

The Beginnings of a movement....


I spent tonight with the father of  our movement. John Smith. We spoke of the early days of the Jesus movement and where that came to, and what emerged. We spoke of "Truth", which was the first newspaper in 1973 that came about , explaining the "Jesus life" in the early 70's. We spoke of the change to "Truth and Liberation" which came after, and then the "Jesus Movement" We spoke of John's disertation. Wow.............I wish others could spend more time  on the beginnings of the movement's early days that led to the formation of God's Squad. I have heard it all, the rough and the smooth. To see it all in context is  a wonderful thing. I'm so thankful for the information that John has given me, too much to be disclosed here in this blog. But due praise and honour must be given to John and Glena. We all owe them a HUGE debt of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment