Friday 14 January 2011

Visiting Handbrake Turn





Tom came and collected me from John's this morning and took me to see Handbrake Turn. Tom is the director of the 3 sites in Victoria that HT work from. It was great to hear of the work and to explore with Tom and the centre manager Marko. I was able to look at the workshops where they train young people mechanic skills, spray painting and panel beating.  I saw good examples of some of the trainees work and I have posted some of those examples. This work of handbrake turn can been see by clicking the link. This is a holistic, incarnational project with young people who have difficulty in accessing norman education. People come to handbrake turn from a variety of background and are referred by a wide selection of agencies. I was so impressed with this work. I can see this happen in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment